Choosing the best roof for your business
Your business is your livelihood, so choosing to protect it with a high quality roof only makes sense. But for businesses, there are a wide range of commercial roofing options, so the choice can become a hard one to make. At Stay Dry Roofing, we not only provide quality roofing for residential homes, but have been supplying commercial roofing in Tampa, FL for over 30 years. Our expertise can help you decide on which roofing material or style is best for your business.
Factors to consider when choosing a commercial roof
While you may know exactly what kind of roof you want installed there are still several factors that should be considered before making your selection. These factors can impact the longevity of the roof itself and the future of your business, or the potential sale of the building.
- Climate – Do you need wind protection or something energy efficient for high heat? Choosing a roof that supports your climate will ensure it lasts for many more years to come.
- The physical makeup of the existing roof – Are their structures on your roof or an attic space? If there are crucial components to your business that are built up on your roof, that needs to be addressed.
- Budget – Roofing materials vary in cost as do the style of roof you want to install, so closely looking at your budget is key. Commercial roofing has very budget-friendly, yet effective roofing options.
- Future plans – If you don’t see your business staying within this building for its lifetime, choosing a roof style and material that would make a future sale easier is important. Many buyers are looking for strong, long-lasting roofs like metal.
The different types of commercial roofing
Depending on the geographical location of your business, there may be certain styles of roofs that are better suited for your needs and climate. Stay Dry Roofing is located in Florida and offers quality roofing materials and builds for our area. As a Florida business, you can trust your commercial roofing needs to us!
- Built up roofing (BUR) – a durable and budget-friendly roofing option, a built up roof is created from multiple layers of tar and gravel piled on top of one another. This roofing option is excellent for those buildings with a flat or low-slope.
- Thermoplastic (PVC & TPO) – An ideal roofing option for businesses and restaurants that ventilate oils as the material can withstand the exposure to oil and fats. The material is an excellent choice because it is lightweight, resistant to fading from the sun, as well as resistant to chemicals and bacterial growth.
- Metal roof – One of the more common roofing materials that people are familiar with, a metal roof is just like it sounds. The material is strong, to be able to withstand damage from debris and high winds, as well as reflective to stay energy efficient. Many businesses choose this for their commercial roofing needs as the material is fire resistant and will last for many, many years.
- Thermoset (EPDM) – One of the simplest roofing solutions, this material is a single-ply rubber that is rolled over a roof. Those seeking a budget-friendly and quick installation should consider this as an option. Other benefits include the longevity of the material and ease of maintenance.
- Modified bitumen – A two-ply system known for providing enhanced protection and stability composed of reinforced roof fabrics. Ideal for a flat roof, this option has enhanced strength to sustain structures and repeated foot-traffic.
Choose a roofing contractor you can trust
While making a decision on the best material and style of roof is important, also having a reliable team to install the roof and support you is crucial. Our team at Stay Dry Roofing has been supporting businesses and homeowners in the Tampa, FL and surrounding area for over 30 years. As business owners ourselves, we understand how crucial it is to have minimal interruptions in your day-to-day, and we always work hard to make sure you can keep operating or begin operating again as soon as possible while we work.