The decision on how to replace your roof is not always an easy one
If you’re a homeowner, at some point, you may need to replace your roof. When that time comes, you’ll have a choice to make: do you attempt to do it yourself or enlist handymen, or do you hire a professional roofing company to handle the job? Ultimately the decision is up to you, but roof replacement in Tampa, FL is never just an easy job and you should always weigh the pros and cons carefully.
DIY Roof Replacement
- Cost: One of the biggest advantages of a DIY roof replacement is cost savings. By doing the job yourself, you can save money on labor costs and possibly even materials, especially if you’re able to find good deals on supplies. However, it is important to note that if you don’t have experience, you may be over or under buying materials.
- Control: When you handle the roof replacement project yourself, you have complete control over the timeline, materials, and quality of the work. This means that nobody will be forcing you to do something you don’t want (except an HOA), but it also means that your success or lack thereof is on you.
- Learning experience: A DIY roof replacement can be an excellent learning experience. You’ll gain a greater understanding of how your roof is constructed and how it functions. Additionally, the skills you will gain with materials and tools can be invaluable.
- Safety: Roofing work can be dangerous, especially if you don’t have experience working on a roof. Falls are the leading cause of fatalities in the construction industry, so it’s important to take safety seriously. And not only do you risk your own safety, but a poorly constructed roof risks that of your family too.
- Quality: Unless you have experience and training in roofing, there’s a good chance that the quality of your work won’t be up to par with a professional’s. This might not pass inspections and in the end, you might find that you have to make many repairs over the long haul.
- Time: Roofing work can be time-consuming, especially if you’re doing it alone. This can lead to extended periods of time where your home is exposed to the elements. And often the longer your roof replacement takes, the more extra maintenance you’ll have to do as you go on.
Professional Roofing Replacement
- Expertise: Professional roofing companies like us at Stay Dry Roofing have the experience and training necessary to handle roof replacements with skill and efficiency. We’ve been doing this for over 30 years, so we know the ins-and-outs to a successful project.
- Quality: A professional roofing company will use high-quality materials and ensure that the work is done to a high standard. At Stay Dry Roofing, we offer GAF shingles, which are leading quality materials for roofing. And aside from materials, the quality of our craftsmanship is second to none.
- Safety: Professional roofers have the training and equipment necessary to handle roofing work safely. You shouldn’t have to risk your health and safety for a big project like this. Our team can get it done right the first time, so you’ll be safe during the roof replacement and many years after.
- Cost: Hiring a professional roofing company can be much more costly, especially if you’re dealing with a complex roof replacement.
- Lack of control: When you hire a professional roofing company, you’re relinquishing some control over the project. You’ll need to trust that the professionals you choose will do the job to your satisfaction.
- Schedule: When you hire a professional roofing company, you’ll need to work around their schedule. Roofing companies have busy seasons and slow seasons. So waiting until the last minute, like right in the middle of hurricane season, will often mean longer waits for your project to get started.
Stay Dry Roofing is your roof replacement professional
Ultimately, the decision to tackle a DIY roof replacement or hire a professional roofing company like Stay Dry Roofing will depend on your skills, experience, and budget. While DIY roof replacements can be cost-effective and a great learning experience, they can also be dangerous and lead to lower-quality work. Professional roofing replacements may be expensive, but they come with the expertise, quality, and safety necessary to ensure a successful project. Stay Dry Roofing can help guide you in the right direction to make an informed decision about your roof replacement needs in Tampa, FL.